How We Got Here
WE'VE BUILT AN
For three decades, BC Place has been an emblem of BC. As the largest event facility of its kind in the province, BC Place has hosted over 30 million people since opening in 1983.
It's more than just enthusiastic football fans filling our 54,500 seats. With great size comes great versatility, allowing us to provide a home for the largest trade and consumer shows, for world-class entertainment, community gatherings, and for special occasions on a grand scale.
Over the years, we've hosted an incredible range of historic events, from the royal visit of Queen Elizabeth II, to sold-out Rolling Stones concerts, and everything you can imagine in between.
Some of our most memorable events include:
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games
- 8 CFL Grey Cup Championships
- Paul McCartney performing his On the Run Tour concert
- Roger Waters’ THE WALL Live
- Two U2 concerts
- Madonna performing her Sticky & Sweet Tour
- Three performances by The Rolling Stones
- Michael Jackson performing his Victory Tour concerts
- The world’s largest 10km race: the Vancouver Sun Run
- Major League Baseball (MLB) preseason games
- Filming location for Hollywood blockbusters
- Opening Ceremonies of Expo ‘86
- Visits from the Pope, Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana
- And many, many more!