A NEW EXPERIENCE AT BC PLACE.
BC Place is proud to welcome you and your guests to experience the greatest events and live entertainment right in the heart of beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
The stadium has been completely revitalized to deliver an amazing experience – here are some examples:
- The new retractable roof covers the entire field of play, and opens or closes in about 20 minutes. This means we can tailor the environment to any event. The fixed roof portion protects visitors from the elements no matter the weather conditions.
- Our 4-sided centre hung video board, including two sideline screens which measure 68 by 38 feet each, displays High Definition video to virtually every seat in the house. Weighing 100,000 pounds, the entire entertainment unit may be raised to the roof or lowered to the floor, depending on the event or game requirements.
- An innovative new flexible secondary roof system between the upper and lower sections of the stadium creates a more intimate atmosphere for events with capacity around 27,000 seats, and is removed for events of up to 54,500 in attendance.
- FIFA-approved Polytan LigaTurf 240 RS+ all-weather turf is installed permanently in the centre of the stadium floor, and designed to be self-draining in all conditions. The new turf features an E-layer below the fibres, designed to absorb the energy when players make contact. That’s just one of the reasons it has been given FIFA’s highest rating – FIFA 2-Star Recommended. As well as improved player safety, the turf can be completely covered with a specialized floor paneling system for weeks at a time, allowing BC Place to host concerts, consumer shows and special events over 162,000 sqft. of column free space. When the show is finished, the panels are lifted off the turf, and BC Place transforms back to a stadium for sports played on world-class turf.
- Improved interior temperature control allows year-round comfort for a wider variety of events. Louvers at the lower edge of the new roof may be opened or closed to increase or control air circulation. Infra-red heaters mounted below the roof provide warmth during the winter months if required. These features make BC Place a truly year-round venue.
- Brighter, energy-efficient lighting systems provide illumination required by HD television broadcasts.
- Sound-absorbing panels around the internal perimeter of the stadium, combined with porous panels lining the underside of the roof, helps to dampen sound reflection. A new state-of-the-art sound system features loudspeaker arrays mounted from above the stands, on the video board display and under the balconies pumps out an amazingly clear sound.
- The “Northern Lights Roof Display” is our spectacular 36-foot façade made of a special translucent material (ETFE) that also contains metallic dots called “frits”. The display can light the stadium in wide range of static colours, and dynamic animations for events, and to bring attention to community-based initiatives such as Cancer Society’s Daffodil Day, and Pink Shirt Day for Anti-Bullying Awareness. Visit the page on BC Place’s Northern Lights Display here
- Clear glazing with a subtle blue tint has replaced the building’s old brown glass - to improve outer appearance and allow a brighter more natural environment for guests in ramps and concourses. The new glazing also helps to reduce the amount of energy used to light the concourses during the daytime.
- Our new seats are approximately 22 inches wide, come in four colours, and are wider than the previous seats which measured 18 to 19 inches in width. Every seat now comes with its own cup holder. Premium club seats have cushions, and sideline seats are padded for comfort.
- New lower-level retractable seating brings fans closer to the field action than ever before. These seating sections can be retracted and efficiently tucked away to reveal greater space for shows on the floor, making the venue even more versatile.
- The original airlocks and revolving doors have been replaced with large welcoming entrances that allow quicker and easier access for trucks, deliveries, machinery through the gates, and for guests through the doors.
- All the common spaces at BC Place have been upgraded, as well as concessions, washrooms, exterior plazas, media facilities, dressing rooms and general public areas for the enjoyment and safety of all guests of BC Place.
- 50 guest suites have been newly designed and refurbished. The new Club Section, complete with over 1,000 high-value seats and two lounge areas, is an impressive new addition to Level 3.
- Dedicated seating areas have been installed for those with physical disabilities, to improve access and enjoyment of events in BC Place.
- Eight high-traffic access ramps were improved with energy efficient lighting upgrades, concourse colours to assist wayfinding (over 35,000 square feet) and new, slip-resistant flooring surfaces.
- 52 washrooms totaling 40,000 square feet were upgraded for an improved guest experience greater disabled access.
- 40 food and beverage concessions received new front counters and signage to improve operational efficiency, plus enhanced fittings and aesthetics to improve the guest experience.
- Seven new and five existing grill concessions were upgraded to gas, complete with new appliances to provide improved service and food options available to guests.
- 80,000 square feet of concourses on Level 2 and Level 4 have been upgraded with improved lighting, wall treatments, wayfinding signage system and newly designed entry points to ramps and seating for enhanced guest experience.
- All internal and external signage has been replaced with new contemporary signage and graphics to improve the experience for all guests.