IT’S THE AWESOME THINGS THAT COUNT
800 new wireless ports, 1,150 digital monitors and some of the coolest tech around makes BC Place one of the most technologically advanced entertainment venues worldwide.
- Our new 4-sided centre hung video board displays High Definition video to virtually every seat in the house. Weighing 100,000 pounds, the entire entertainment unit may be raised to the roof or lowered to the floor, depending on the event or game requirements.
- Two largest sideline screens measure 68 by 38 feet each, displaying High Definition video. These are the second largest centrehung screens in North America (behind Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, TX).
- It would take 450, 42 inch flat screen TV’s (or the approximate floor area of four average Vancouver apartments) to cover the same area of each large screen.
- BC Place was recently nominated for BC Hydro’s Powersmart Awards for New Construction, for achieving up to 38% in electrical savings.
- Would you believe, there is:
500 kilometres of fibre optic cable installed throughout the stadium!
1,150 new digital screens throughout the building!
800 WiFi points throughout the stadium for wireless devices such as ticket scanners, concession stands registers, and fans’ wireless devices!
1800 linear feet of ribbon board displays graphics throughout the inner-bowl!
800 LED lights adorn the outdoor cable system supporting the roof!